What is it?
- A practice that gains consensus around a team’s agreement or disagreement on the current activity, event or questions
- A group voting on how confident they are in doing something or learning something
- A safety check
Why use it?
- Builds a consensus for team agreement to progress or not progress
- A facilitator will conduct the vote. As a topic discussion concludes, the facilitator will ask the participants to vote how confident they are on understanding the topic, the ability to execute, and sufficent resources and time.
- At the count of 3, all participants will raise their hand and raise fingers indicating their confidence: 1 for low, 5 for high and 2, 3 or 4 for anything in between.
- In the end the facilitator will count the votes and open a discussion on what is yet to be cleared or addressed before moving on to the next topic.