Product Owner, Team Members
What is it?
- The main point of a daily standup (Daily Scrum) is for the team to better align towards the sprint goal
- Teams get together to share transparently the ongoing work and highlight roadblocks/impediments they might be facing
- It is a review of the things that were DONE and things we intend to get DONE.
- Typically this is achieved by team members answering 3 questions
- What did you do yesterday?
- What will you do today?
- Do you have any blockers or impediments?
Why use it?
- Provides a quick touchpoint on what is going on with the team
- Quick feedback on impediments and keep people honest and transparent
- Focus on getting things done rather than what keeps us busy
- It is a reinforcement of the goal and direction the team is after and a point of recharging the team with new energy for pursuing the goal
- As mentioned above, the main point of a stand up is alignment. Be careful it doesn’t drift into a status update, focus on what those around you need to know and park any conversations not relevant until the end.
A Daily Standup music alert playlist on YouTube