This practice is part of: Facilitation Tips for Remote Sessions.
What is it?
- Criteria agreed across the team and shared with others that should be met before any work items is considered complete by any team member.
- Collaboratively created, maintained and enforced criteria by the team.
- A place where non-functional and functional work that should be performed for each and every work item can be managed.
Why use it?
- Aligns understanding and shared expectations across stakeholder groups on, for example, quality, assurance and documentation activities being performed throughout delivery.
- Drives quality into products being built incrementally.
Tips for Remote Working
- It is reasonable easy to find an agreement on both definition of ready and done remotely.
- One person can be a facilitator writing it based on everyone input or everyone can co-edit.
- Use virtual white-boarding tool and use techniques such as “roman voting” or adding a sticky w/name to gain consensus.