Facilitator, Development Team, User/Stakeholder
What is it?
- A tool to capture and visualise what key stakeholders are sensing when in a particular context or completing a set of tasks.
- The information is captured directly from interviews, observation and other facilitated conversation exercises.
- Senses captured can include what the person is seeing, thinking, doing and feeling with information captured on a big visible chart.
Why use it?
- Captures information and learning directly from the end user affected by the system/application/solution in question.
- Enables a direct connection between important stakeholders and developers (for example, developers of an application can learn directly from end users using it).
- A tool to identify pain points, opportunities and starts to form a basis for improvement and optimisation.
- What is an Empathy Map? https://www.solutionsiq.com/resource/blog-post/what-is-an-empathy-map/