Facilitators, Team Members
What is it?
- A mechanism for sizing different items relative to each other.
- A tool to facilitate conversations, especially where there are different views on relative sizes.
- Common techniques include use of story points, planning poker, t-shirt sizes and double figures.
Why use it?
- Facilitates conversation
- Helps align groups of people to reach consensus on their understanding regarding the size of complexity and/or value of an item.
- Avoids the emotion, buffering and other negative side effects of absolute estimation.
- Mike Cohn Blog Post about Story Points - https://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/blog/what-are-story-points
- Mike Cohn Blog Post about Tee-shirt Sizing - https://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/blog/estimating-with-tee-shirt-sizes