This is a simple practice that can be used as an alternative to the daily standup or sync meeting where we dig into deeper process items, gather team sentiment and incite discussions for continuous improvement using prompts to guide team discovery.
There’s many use cases for this practice. The world is your oyster!
- Drive conversations especially for teams in forming/storming phase or new to agile.
- Drive participation as the practice visually calls out gaps or non-participation.
- Drive continuous improvement discussions outside of the retrospective cadence.
- Ideate about overall process and potential experiments.
- Guided questions contribute to team learning and curiosity.
- Gain insights into team skill-sets, sentiment and potential knowledge gaps.
- Gather and share observations on metrics.
- Drive adoption of a new tool (ie Mural or other virtual whiteboard tool).